Wednesday 7 July 2010

Bath: Day 33

Well, it's getting down to the wire now. Trying to fit in everything I want to do. We went to the Baths today which was awesome. Unfortunately, it was even more crowded than usual because Bath University has been having graduation ceremonies this weekend so all the grads and their families go to them and congregate around the Abbey in the square which is the route we have to take to class. It gets a little annoying shoving through the huge crowds to get to class, but it's alright. The Baths were AWESOME. They had a ton preserved from the original structure that stood there. It was actually a ton larger than what stands today. Very cool history, actually. It was built and dedicated to Minerva.

We just watched movies in both classes today and tomorrow is the last day of class. I find tomorrow's classes pointless. There really is nothing to talk about. I wish we could just go and pick up our papers and that's it. Jane Austen we are just doing a course overview, but he will keep us there for the entire hour and a half even if there is nothing more to say...and Sherlock Holmes we will finish up the movie and wrap up the course as well.

So tonight we were planning on going to Celcius, the ice bar, but when we got there...it was closed! Which is odd because it's open all week from 10pm-2am. No idea what that was all about. So we really didn't wind up doing much tonight. I did watch the Germany v. Spain game earlier. I was rooting for Spain so I am glad they won. :)

People are starting to get really crabby because it's the end and I think everyone just wants to go home now. Got my train ticket today as well. I will be leaving Bath 9am Saturday with plenty of time to get to the airport. Definitely doing a majority of my packing tomorrow.

Update tomorrow. Night!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I hope you get a chance to go to Celcius! Very cool (no pun intended) indeed!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete