Friday 9 July 2010

Bath: Day 35

I guess this makes for my official LAST post? So weird. I just can't get over how quickly this went by. Although I am ready to come home and be with everyone I love...I definitely will be missing Bath. It will be an odd change not to have everything at my fingertips and that I can walk to. And I will miss my favorite places to eat and hang out and the scenery and accents. I really hope I have the chance to come back here again.

Today has been pretty bitter-sweet. It was really odd not to have class or anything to do like getting up at 7am to take a 2 hour bus ride to some destination or other that requires me to hike 50 miles...just took care of some errands, grabbed some lunch, hung out, and headed off to the final tea.

ASE has us go to a very nice hotel nearby where I live in Bath where we had high tea. Of course this included tea sandwiches (not many were fond of them, but I liked them), scones (yummmm) with clotted cream and/or strawberry jelly (BOO to the clotted cream, yayyyy to the jelly), and then a bazillion sweets. The English are OBSESSED with them, I tell you. It was a little too rich for me, but good. And no, Mom...I did not drink the tea. GROSS. Plus, I was burning up and there was no air in the hotel either so hot tea was not appealing to me. The pitcher of water sure was. But I digress...we watched a final slideshow that was put together by one of the staff. We were all asked to submit photos to Jonathan and he also added some he had taken to make this 12 minute show. It was great. Lots of funnies and some "awww" moments. Kind of got us in the mood for all the speeches we had to hear after. Those were definite "aww" :( moments. We decided as a program to all chip in some money and get little gifts for the staff and our English tutors. Each person gave about 5 pounds for 6 people (no, not everyone in the program chipped in). The women got earrings, our Jane Austen prof. got an "I love Darcy" bag as a gag gift, and we got Jonathan a How-To-Dad book since his little one will be born very soon. It was kind of an emotional outing, but a good one nonetheless.

After we said our goodbyes to the staff and professors, we had some time to kill. Sam, Becca, Amanda and I took the opportunity to eat at this place called the Ha Ha Grill. We've been wanting to try it just for the name. It was sooo good and a fun atmosphere! I got chicken skewers that came with a Greek salad, pita, and cucumber sauce. YUM! So glad we decided to try something new and go there. Of course...I had to get in my last gelato experience at The Real Italian Ice Cream place. THEY HAD MY FAVORITE THAT THEY HAVEN'T HAD IN FOREVER, TOO! It was FATE. Got my Biscotti and I was happy as a clam. We also took some time to relax and listen to the musicians in the Abbey square which was sooo relaxing.

Then we got ready and the four of us headed out to a couple places tonight. We spent most of our time at the one club and it was a throwback night so it was so fun! Unfortunately, the ASE program got all split up tonight. It would have been nice to go somewhere as a big group like we did last night, but whatever.

Gonna get a good night's rest and take care of the last-minutes tomorrow morning. Taxi will be coming at 8:40, then the train station, then the Heathrow Express to my terminal. I WILL BE SO EXCITED TO GET THE HEAVY BAGS OFF MY HANDS!

Night all. America, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment